Data Protection Day 2024 is coming up
The events organised to celebrate this occasion in 2024 will focus on the theme of ensuring effective protection of personal data in relation to technological developments.
In 2024, we will celebrate Data Protection Day for the 18th time on 28 January.
It was established by the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe to commemorate the anniversary of the opening for signature of the Council of Europe's Convention 108, the oldest piece of international legislation that comprehensively regulates the protection of personal data.
GDPR and TECHNOLOGY the main theme
On this occasion, as every year, there will be various events dedicated to topical issues related to the right to privacy and the protection of personal data.
The meetings making up the 18th Data Protection Day celebrations will focus primarily on issues related to the application of the GDPR, particularly in the context of new technologies.
Main DPD 2024 celebrations
The Day celebrations organised by the Personal Data Protection Office (UODO) will begin as early as 8 January 2024.
The course of the events organised by UODO is as follows:
- 8 January 2024 at 10.00 a.m., seat of the Polish SA in Warsaw - Workshops for seniors on how to safely use new technologies in everyday activities.
- 10 January 2024, 10.00-11.30 a.m., seat of the Polish SA in Warsaw - Workshop for students on "A safe way through cyberspace: from deepfakes to mobile application security". https://www.uodo.gov.pl/en/553/1590
- 16 January 2024, 10.00-13.30, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw - A series of debates on the protection of personal data in the health sector in the era of development of new technologies.
- 1st debate, at 10.00 - 11.00 Codes of conduct
- 2nd ebate, at 11.15 - 12.15 Monitoring of employees
- 3rd debate, at 12.30 - 13.30 The use of new technologies in healthcare
The event will be streamed online at:
Calendar of other events
As in previous years, higher education institutions, with which the President of the Personal Data Protection Office has entered into cooperation agreements, have joined the co-organisation of this holiday. As part of the celebration of Data Protection Day, the universities are organising various meetings and conferences with the participation of experts of the DPA:
- 10 January 2024 - Open letter from the President of the Personal Data Protection Office sent to the participants of the 14th edition of the programme "Your data - Your concern" in connection with the celebration of the Data Protection Day in schools.
- 19.01.2024 Toruń - Scientific conference at the Faculty of Law and Administration of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
- .29.01.2024 – seat of the Polish SA in Warsaw, INTRACO ground floor room, 10.00-15.00 hours. Consultation points for Data Protection Officers and legal advice for citizens.
- 30.01.2024 r. Online webinar in the series "Certification in data protection"
- 31.01.2024 r. - #ODOlekcja (EN. #DataProtectionLesson - online class for secondary school students, entitled. "Deepfake: false reality online - are you ready for it?".
- 1.02.2024 Dąbrowa Górnicza - 10th Open Day of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data at the WSB University in Dąbrowa Górnicza, during which there will be a thematic conference combined with the promotion of good practices in the field of personal data protection.
- 12.02.2024 r.- A field game "I care about data every day" for primary school pupils organised by scouts from the 200th Grunwald Warsaw Scouting Team "Leśnicy" in Warsaw and of the Personal Data Protection Office.
The calendar of events published on the website of the Personal Data Protection Office will be regularly supplemented and updated. We invite you to follow it and participate in these events.