Lodging of complaints

In the case of infringements of data protection regulations, the data subject may lodge a complaint with the President of Personal Data Protection Office. After investigating the case, the President of the Office - if infringements were confirmed  - orders the controller/processor to comply with relevant data protection provisions by issuing an administrative decision.

See the Office’s detailed information on the exercise of rights.

Lodge a complaint in a suitable way:

Remember that regardless of the proceedings before the Personal Data Protection Office you still have the right to protect your rights in civil court. If you find that the processing of your personal data violates the law, you can sue the controller or the processor. Before the court, you can claim compensation for the violation of data protection legislation that has caused you material or non-material damage. Compensation issue can only be resolved before a court of law. It cannot be resolved in proceedings before the President of the Office.